- Mobile: 0438 792 300
- Email: Narayan.vandegraaff@
leadership, teams, change management and councillor/mayor DEVELOPMENT specialist.
Narayan has a wealth of HR and management consulting experience spanning over more than three decades. For over 20 years, he has coached and trained mayors, councillors, managers and staff in over 90 councils. In addition, for over 30 years, he has worked closely with HR and business units in the public, private, educational and not-for profit sectors, providing a very broad range of learning and development solutions.
NARAYAN SPECIALISES IN:
- Performance management/improvement of systems and processes
- Learning & development for mayors, councillors and council managers
- Coaching and mentoring skills for senior managers and managers
- Leadership and management development
- Change management at the organisational and individual levels
- Recruitment and selection for managers, resume/interview skills for employees
- Conflict resolution/dealing with difficult people
- Facilitating strategy setting workshops for teams and departments
Some of Narayan’s key assignments during the last 32 years have included:
- Development of a performance management system for the CBA, which ultimately achieved HRM Australian Best Practice Award.
- Development of a long-term strategic and financial planning video for councillors and managers, delivered to all NSW councils. It was used by the NSW State government when presenting sessions to NSW councils, and gained considerable accolades.
- Development and delivery of a Pricing for Fees & Charges workshop for councils, which resulted in various councils adding millions of dollars to their bottom line.
- Development of a recruitment and selection process/template for the CBA, which was then used by all HR staff and line managers involved in recruitment and selection.
Narayan’s several years of experience in various line management roles and eight years in CBA Human Resource departments have provided a good platform for 23 years of management consulting experience with a broad range of organisations, and for all levels, ranging from front-line staff to senior management and mayors.
This experience has spanned many key areas, including performance management, long-term strategic and financial planning, recruitment and selection, leadership and management development, team building, change management, conflict resolution and meeting chairing skills.
QUALIFICATIONS AND ACCREDITATIONS
- Bachelor of Commerce (UNSW) majoring in Accounting and Economics
- Graduate Diploma in Social Sciences (UNE), majoring in Psychology
- Certificate IV in Training & Assessment
DiSC accreditation, and accredited in Four Quadrant Leadership
- Executive Coach – accredited by Australian Institute of Executive Coaching
Contact Narayan van de Graaff on 0438 792 300 or on Narayan.vandegraaff@