At a recent conference presentation Tulsi talked about the importance of leaders building a foundation of trust and good communication with those they work with. Her presentation was very well received with a lot of immediate appreciation for both the points she made and her lively and engaging delivery.
Her key points covered:
- Self- awareness
- Acknowledgement, appreciation, and praise
- Ability to set clear values and expectations
For self-awareness she asked the group to consider some of these key points.
What do you bring?
- How did you grow up?
- How were you spoken to?
- Do you smile easily?
- Do you express interest in people?
- Do you know what ‘triggers’ or bugs you?
- Do you de-escalate conflict?
- Do you have similar types of conflicts with people?
- Do you explode when dealing with a challenge?
- Has anyone given you feedback about how you are?
- Do you get misinterpreted or fall out with people?
- How are you at your best?
- How are you at your worst?
We believe if you manage other people or interact with them in a significant way then it is necessary to build an honest appreciation of who you really are and how you show up to work.
We support leaders and managers to be more effective in their roles with development programs, mentoring and coaching support. Want to know more? Call Tulsi on 0423 300 590 or Robyn on 0408 703 344.